Measuring a hat can be quite tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. There are so many angles that it can be confusing to even know what to measure or where to place your measuring tape! With most items of clothing, it’s important to lie the items flat to ensure that you capture measurements correctly. However, with a hat, that clearly isn’t possible. Instead, you have to know how to work with the angles of the hat to get accurate measurements. Here is a simple guide:
- Hat height: Place the measuring tape at an edge of the brim and pull the tape up to the top of the hat.
- Circumference: Measure the circumference of the hat by placing the measuring tape on the inside edge of the hat’s head hole and pulling the measuring tape in a circle until both ends of the measuring tape meet.
- Hat brim width: Measure the hat brim width by placing the measuring tape at the edge of the brim and pull it inward towards the base of the hat.
- Measure your hat on a flat, solid surface
- Be sure to measure the circumference correctly: you must measure the circumference of the head hole, not the outer brim.
Need to measure an item?
Give our Free Template Creator a try.
A quick and easy way of sharing measurements online, Sizely works on any platform and it takes seconds to generate a sizing template.
- Increase sales + reduce returns at the same time
- Works on any platform such as eBay, Poshmark, Etsy & more.
- Over 130+ Templates across all categories
- Imperial and metric system support
- Save, edit & share measurements in seconds
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)