There are more angles to a bodysuit than there are with a standard shirt or pair of pants, which can make measuring this item a bit more difficult. If you’re interested in learning how to measure a bodysuit, we’ve got you covered.
First Things First
Before we start make sure you lie the bodysuit flat to avoid any wrinkles that could lead to incorrect measurements
- Collar to shoulder: Place the measuring tape in the middle of the collar and pull it to the shoulder
- Shoulder to shoulder: Measure from the tip of one shoulder across to the tip of the next shoulder
- Sleeve: Measure the sleeve length by placing the measuring tape at the tip of the shoulder and pulling it down to the end of the sleeve
- Width: Measure the width of the waist area by placing the measuring tape where the waist would fall on one end and pulling it across to the other side
- Front length: Measure the length from the top shoulder to the bottom of the leg
- Inseam: Measure from the inside of the crotch area to the bottom of the leg
- All done!
Pro Tip: If you are selling clothing online, sign up for the free size chart creator.
- Always measure bodysuits flat to avoid measuring wrinkles and measuring incorrectly
- Make sure you use a flexible measuring tape. Don’t use a ruler to measure your garments, ever- especially not a bodysuit that has so many angles that need to be measured precisely. A ruler is too stiff to get accurate measurements.
- Round your measurements to the nearest ¼ inch to get the most accurate number.
- Measure more than once! Confirm that you have the correct measurements by measuring your bodysuit at least twice.
Create Accurate Measurement Templates in Seconds
Start creating Free Templates Now.
A quick and easy way of sharing measurements online, Sizely works on any platform and it takes seconds to generate a sizing template.
- Increase sales & reduce returns at the same time
- Works on any platform such as eBay, Poshmark, Etsy & more.
- Over 180+ Templates across all categories
- Imperial and metric system support
- Save, edit & share measurements in seconds
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)